Happy New Year from Dance Entropy
This season marks Dance Entropy’s twentieth! As we look back on past successes and forward to upcoming adventures, check out some highlights by the numbers:
- 23: Number of performances Dance Entropy gave in 2017.
- 11: Master classes taught in the U.S. and abroad in countries like Cuba.
- 13 (Out of 30): “Skimming the Surface” trauma movement workshops provided with funding from the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs. Thus far, we have partnered with Riker’s Island, women’s shelters, rehab facilities, and other organizations.
- 5: Scholarships given to Dance Entropy summer intensive attendees in 2017.
- 260: Choreographers and renters served during Green Space’s past season in daily 24/7 rental space and programs Take Root, Fertile Ground, and Green Space Blooms.
- 2: Number of senior center residencies, part of our ongoing community outreach programs.
- 3: Number of upcoming events in 2018. Dance Entropy jumps into the New Year with:
Some ways you can help keep our numbers growing:
- $50: Helps subsidize 5 hours of early bird rental rates
- $75: The cost of 5 tickets for undeserved students to attend a performance
- $122: Sponsors a dancer’s transportation costs for a month, so that we can keep rehearsing and creating!
To make a tax-deductible donation to our nonprofit organization, please click the link below. If you are unable to support us at this time, we are happy to keep in touch and continue sharing our news with you. We hope to see you at an upcoming performance soon!
You may also send a check to:
Dance Entropy Inc.
37-24 24th Street #302
Long Island City, New York 11101